Re: Mapping a UML model to a DTD or Schema

> Maybe is a naive question but I'd like to know if there are standard
> approaches to map a UML class diagram to a DTD or Schema. I know that it
> is possible to serialize a UML model into and XMI document but that
> describes the UML model itself not directly the objects that belongs to
> the classes in the UML diagram.

XMI does not just describe how to store a UML model in XML. It describes how
to store any MOF compliant model.

In other words, using XMI you could also store the system that you are
modelling in DTD form. Now you just have to find an exporter ;) (e.g. class
B in package A becomes element A.B)

I wrote an exporter that does a similar thing in 1998... if only I could dig
it up somewhere ;) (if I do, I'll release it open source)

Christian