[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Abbreviated Tag Names
- From: Don Park <email@example.com>
- To: Xml-Dev <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 17:51:07 -0800
I posted this message back a month ago. Looks like a glitch
occurred in the mailing list program.
Since most people seems to have missed my point, let me ask
two simple questions:
1. Where does verbosity end and monstrousity begin?
One key spec uses long names like CanonicalizationMethod.
Compression is great but this seems like abuse and waste.
I don't buy the readability arguments for verbosity, because
HTML is heavy with abbreviated tag names like <T>, yet it is
used by millions.
2. What not standardize aliases?
If wireless industry wants to use short aliases for XML-DSIG
tag names, doesn't it make sense to standardized?