RE: Abbreviated Tag Names

I posted this message back a month ago.  Looks like a glitch
occurred in the mailing list program.

Since most people seems to have missed my point, let me ask
two simple questions:

 1. Where does verbosity end and monstrousity begin?

 One key spec uses long names like CanonicalizationMethod.
 Compression is great but this seems like abuse and waste.

 I don't buy the readability arguments for verbosity, because
 HTML is heavy with abbreviated tag names like <T>, yet it is
 used by millions.

 2. What not standardize aliases?

 If wireless industry wants to use short aliases for XML-DSIG
 tag names, doesn't it make sense to standardized?

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse