RE: A Call for Dialogue on XML Schema Part 1 and 2

>   Second, other specifications should not be directly
>   dependent upon W3C schemas. In particular, a pluggable
>   interface should be provided so that any dependencies
>   can be indirect, allowing schematron, relax, trex,
>   etc. to fill appropriate roles if the user so chooses.

This plugable interface is called the PSVI. Generate a PSVI using whatever
tools you want and you are interoperable. Now I have no doubt that the PSVI
can be improved in the future to make this even easier, but the foundation
is in place.

David Cleary
Progress Software