RE: Personal reply to Edd Dumbill's XML Hack Article wrt W3C XML Schema

David wrote:
> So because I chose to use UUIDs to identify a batch of transactions, your
> receiver fails even though semantically I am correct. Doesn't sound like a
> smart way to create interoperable systems. Neither ebXML or BizTalk mingle
> timestamps and ids in such a fashion, and I don't see why anyone would
want
> to.

In this case, the sender, who was the receiver's
customer, was not willing to provide a
creation-date-time field.

Best regards,

Bob

<sig name    = 'Bob Lyons'
     title   = 'E-Commerce Consultant'
     company = 'Unidex, Inc.'
     phone   = '+1-732-975-9877'
     email   = 'boblyons@unidex.com'
     url     = 'http://www.unidex.com/'
     product = 'XML Convert: transforms flat files to XML and vice versa' />