RE: Personal reply to Edd Dumbill's XML Hack Article wrt W3C XML Schema

> Why have any markup at all?  Just use asn.1 and PER encoding, for example.
> This will be compact and unambiguous (we hope, at any rate!).
> Make the asn.1 schema available over the web, use it to compile your data
> structures, and you have Matthew's world taken to its ultimate.
>  Maybe we can even do compile the structures dynamically.

You can. The problem is it doesn't tell you how to interpret them
beyond being able to parse the data to create them. Ooops.

That's the point of XSL Beans... you not only send the data, but also
the definition for the interpreter (ie. use XSL to instantiate an
interpreter).