RE: tolerating anarchy (was Re: Personal reply)

The word anarchy has had a lot of bad press - its meaning has drifted into
the realms of chaos. A more positive word that does have some relevance to
the web though is 'anarchism' : "a political theory opposed to all forms of
government and governmental restraint and advocating voluntary cooperation
and free association of individuals and groups in order to satisfy their
needs" (Webster's)

Incidentally, the first person in history to write about anarchism was a guy
called William Godwin, who had a more famous daughter, Mary Shelley.

"I beheld the wretch - the miserable monster whom I had created."

---
Danny Ayers
http://www.isacat.net