advocating XML

My (web) manager at work has asked me to convince him that XML and XHTML are
anything but a waste of time, and I have thus far not succeeded. He cares,
but only slightly, that XML can be used to separate data from its
presentation, and considers XHTML only pointless bloat that he feels won't
catch on. He feels that a comma-delimited file is better in every visible
way over XML for data storage, and is under the impression that XML has no
value.

Can anyone help me out a bit here?

Rob Andrews

Useless Python Repository