??? (was RE: A simple guy with a simple problem)

At 01:42 PM 3/14/01 -0600, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>Not XML, but here is an interesting article
>illustrating some results of bad practice
>and what can happen if the simple
>approach is preferred. (Try the simple
>thing first and wait for the results...).
>
>http://arstechnica.com/wankerdesk/01q1/greathack-1.html
>
>Stunning information.  The architects tried to
>make it easy then the world made it hard.  So
>they adjust but not before the damage is done.

I don't think that article says what you're claiming it says.  Security
adminstrators doing a crappy job doesn't strike me as "the simple
approach", and all of the conclusions read "Failure to follow Best
Practices", not "Architects made core technology too simple".

Nor am I convinced that security examples are great metaphors for XML work.

Simon St.Laurent - Associate Editor, O'Reilly and Associates
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML