RE: ??? (was RE: A simple guy with a simple problem)

To the extent that you're making a distinction between technology
appropriate for use in prototyping systems and technology appropriate in
production systems, you have a point.

Pushing that any further as a point about 'simplicity' (something you
genuinely seem to dislike, if not consider downright impossible),
particularly as it might be relevant to XML document structures, seems
stretched at best, inappropriate at worst.

At 03:19 PM 3/14/01 -0600, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>Programmer does the "simple" thing (XP:  Try something) despite all efforts
>to explain the reality or requirement of the particular application:
>
>"Best Practices tell us that we do not put core application logic in our
>ASP, ASP+, JSP, or otherwise scripting-powerful web code."
>
>Simplify by "lowering the standard" for what turns out to be complex task,
>"not a bad thing" but....:
 >[...]
>Is it a "metaphor"?  Call it a cautionary tale on daring to do less,
>and having your customer hand your head to you.
>
>Question for you: Do you ever get a requirement that requires all system
>operations  to return in under 3 seconds and the operational reliability
>to be 99.99% of the time 24/7?  Do we?

Simon St.Laurent - Associate Editor, O'Reilly and Associates
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML