RE: ??? (was RE: A simple guy with a simple problem)

Competence: knowing how to pick the right
number of objects to juggle.

Someone asked on the VRML list what the ISO
standard bought us.  I replied "for five
years, no one can touch it".  My V-Realm 3D
editor came from a company now dead.  The
editor still produces a file a VRML
browser can play even if it can't produce
the latest extensions.  This week my son
is learning geometry and scene graph
concepts from a failed standard whose
nodes still play on a state of the art
browser.  The only reason the tech
still works is the standard is a year shy
of version next.

Some areas of technology need
rapid spec and development cycles over the
alternative of proprietarization because
they are too unstable to standardize.  For
others, avoiding the randomizing tweaks
of busy hands is necessary to make the
cost of using them justifiable and to maintain
their usefulness despite changes in the technology.

A friend of mine who juggles says he can juggle
lots of objects if he can toss them high enough.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h