Re: Gag me with a blunt …

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Tim Bray wrote:

> Has anyone seen this thing?

Uh, well, I noted it, read it, and logged it earlier
today in my reference collection, as customary

http://xml.coverpages.org/xmlArticles.html

>   http://www.w3.org/TR/newline

> I have a horrid suspicion that it's actually correct.

By "it's" you mean (the author of) the NOTE?  I don't
always try to make an independent judgment on such
things, but Michael has a fair bit of experience w/
character sets, so I took it for granted that he
knew what he was talking about in the staff comment:

http://www.w3.org/Submission/2001/06/Comment

> For further shudders I direct your attention to

> and
... BTW, there may be a few here who like me