RE: Gag me with a blunt …

Just a funny or another "gag" before the weekend:

From Metcalfe's BackTalk.  He is discussing .Net but...

"The old IBM monopoly, because of antitrust scrutiny,
couldn't kill ASCII for teletypes, so they upgraded
punched cards to EBCDIC.

Then IBM, prevented from killing minicomputers, was forced to go
interactive. Soon card images appeared on IBM's 2741 Selectric typewriters.
When we demanded glass teletypes, IBM gave us cards on the 3270.
When we demanded PCs, IBM gave us cards on the 3270 PC.
When we demanded that PCs not be terminals, IBM gave us cards on the 370 PC.
Were it not for antitrust, we would have celebrated the
new millennium with confetti from high-density
320-column IBM punched cards."

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.