W3 Language RFC (was RE: Web Philosophy)

 I was considering writing a strawman piece on the fallacy of normative
prose, based on the idea that the best you could do in terms of consistency
would be to backlink to dictionary definitions. This has a familiar
drawback - human language keeps changing, so do we have a different PURL for
each version of the definition or what? Informative prose on the other hand
by definition carries meaning with it, and normative (mathematical) notation
can be relatively rigorously controlled.
Unfortunately my dictionary defines 'strawman' as being synonymous with uk
English 'scarecrow' and all the little birds flew away.