RE: URI resolver was Re: RDDL and XML Schemas Proposed Recommendation

> While it may be safely lost on people (users?), if its lost on system
> designers you get huge interoperability problems....

Well, there is a point at which you have to ask yourself "if it's
so confusing, is it useful?". I've often found that the most
difficult to comprehend things can be replaced safely with
a simpler conceptual model... and then everyone is happy.

In the case of URI's, people already have a "user model" that
a URI can be resolved to *something*. If the "system model"
doesn't work this way, so what? Eventually, the user model
will become the defacto standard and the system model will
become irrelevant.