Xpath expression generator

I'm working on a research project at the University of Michigan.  We're
looking to create a content dissemination system where users define
profiles as Xpath expressions and information is created in XML format.
This is similar to a paper written by Mehmet Altinel and Michael J.
Franklin (link below) except that our indexing approach is quite
different.

For testing purposes we need to generate a large number of random
profiles.  In other words, we need a tool to generate a large number of
legal Xpath expressions for a single DTD.  Does anyone know of a tool that
does this?

thanks!

--S

[http://www.eecs.umich.edu/courses/eecs684/papers/MF00.pdf]