Re: CDATA sections in W3C XML Infoset

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, John Cowan wrote:

> We are aware that DOM doesn't really match the Infoset.  It was either
> do it DOM's way from the beginning or give up on DOM compatibility.
> We chose the latter.

Yeah, that is basically the problem - that I can't describe a DOM
using the definitions given in the Infoset. And I want to use the
Infoset to describe the XML Script data model, but I have the
implementors upstairs shouting at me... :)

Are there many other changes that would have to be made to the Infoset
to match the DOM? Because, bearing in mind that the Infoset is
essentially just a dictionary, it seems a fairly small change to put
the CDATA start/end definition back in as it doesn't really impact
anywhere else.

> > Is there any chance that CDATA section start/end markers could be put
> > back in?

> If you want this, file a comment at www-xml-infoset-comments@w3.org.

My original mail was CC'ed to that address

Cheers

--
Richard Lanyon, Software Engineer     DecisionSoft Ltd.
Telephone: +44-1865-203192            http://www.decisionsoft.com