RE: experts

> At 09:57 AM 3/29/01 +1000, Marcus Carr wrote:
> >The fact that they are experts doesn't mean that
> >they have somehow evolved past what made them good
> developers in the first place.
>
> That's precisely what I'm claiming it does, perhaps
> especially when they are gathered into committees.

I don't think this is the case... and I think I have some
counterexamples.

I do think that people can collect so much experience and
information that they have difficulty communicating, and
can make assumptions about the knowledge that others have.
This is the "What? That's trivial!!" syndrome. I think
we can see evidence of this in the specs.

> I'll also claim that most experts don't realize it
> happens, and will deny it.

:-)