RE: multiple types (Re: attribute order)

> Maybe you could view an element as being instances of two types
> at the same time: the type defined by the attribute set and
> the type defined by the non-attribute content.  What a wierd
> thought!

I've come to believe that documents are always of an infinite
number of types! So yes, I think you can easily say

  foo.xml *conforms* to type specification A based on it's
  attributes.

  foo.xml *conforms* to type specification B based on it's
  content structures.

  foo.xml *conforms* to type specification C based on the
  combination of it's elements and attributes.

The operative word is *conforms*... type is painted on
data by a set of assertions.