[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: CDATA sections in W3C XML Infoset
- From: Bob Kline <email@example.com>
- To: David Carlisle <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:21:34 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, David Carlisle wrote:
> > That doesn't make me any happier about the prospect of
> > having to re-write our software to suit the changing whims of W3C.
> are you saying that currently your software treats
> <![CDATA[<a>]]> differently from <a> if so, in what way?
In this case "my software" is the Xerces DOM parser, and yes, I am
saying that this software treats <![CDATA[<a/>]]> differently from
1. The DOM gives you a different node type for the former than
it gives you for the latter.
2. If you hand the value of the node you get back for the former
to an XML parser you get a successfully parsed document;
if you hand <a/> to the parser it fails.