[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: People like me (was "experts")
- From: "Thomas B. Passin" <email@example.com>
- To: Jonathan Robie <Jonathan.Robie@SoftwareAG-USA.com>,Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:48:38 -0500
Jonathan Robie wrote -
As for common sense, I think it is important to remember that it has two
1. Native good judgment; sound ordinary sense.
2. The set of general unexamined assumptions as distinguished
from specially acquired concepts: Common sense holds that
heavier bodies fall faster than lighter ones.
-- The American Heritage Dictionary
George Lakoff refers to # 2 as "Folk Theories".