Re: XML Schema Datatype: unanswered questions.

At 11:34 AM +0800 4/4/01, Rick Jelliffe wrote:

>Another option was indeed to drop dates and times entirely from this
>version, but a limited version was better.

I can't say that I agree. We're now locked in to what's defined in
schemas 1.0. This can be extended in schemas 1.1, but if fundamental
flaws are uncovered in the schemas 1.0 model (and it looks like there
might well be such flaws) then we'll be stuck with building on a
flawed foundation. I'd prefer waiting to define anything about dates
until we were more confident about the eventual resolution of issues
like internationalization and max values that are smaller than min
values.

|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |
|  Read Cafe au Lait for Java News:  http://metalab.unc.edu/javafaq/ |
|  Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/     |