RE: XML Schema Datatype: unanswered questions.

> Speaking as the designated minimalist around here, it does
> seem like a typing scheme sans dates is awfully crippled.

Yes, and I do not think the intent moving forward is to build on top of the
g* date types. So, all warts aside, it does not prevent a future version of
Schema from defining an abstract date type that different calendar systems
derive from. But not having any date/time support in Schema 1.0 is
unacceptable IMHO.

David Cleary
Progress Software