RE: Linkbases, Topic Maps,and RDF Knowledge Bases -- help me understand, please

As the man's sig says, "real programmers can program
assembly in any language".

But we do have to consider cost.  What one can do with
the choice of representation and how much it costs to
use that representation must be considered.  Unless
we are clear about the overlap and the difference
we find ourselves doing too much, too little,
reinventing yet another engine, or waiting for a
specification to settle down so we can invent an engine
we may not need.

In all cases, understanding what works now is important.
Simplicity is advantageous in terms of adequacy, not
completeness.

So when is the high level adequate and when should
one bear the costs of creating and maintaining low
level descriptions?

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.