Re: Linkbases, Topic Maps,and RDF Knowledge Bases -- help me understand, please

At 10:00 AM 4/7/01 -0700, Joe English wrote:
>For example, in XLink <URL: http://www.foo.com/doc.xml#bar >
>and <URL: http://www.foo.com/doc.xml#xpointer(id('bar')) >
>mean the same thing, but in RDF they're different.

I think that one of the ongoing mysteries of URI processing is the lack of
a concept of equivalence.

This fueled the relative URI namespace debate last year, and continues to
raise new problems at every opportunity.

I don't know if we're any closer to an answer, or even interest in an
answer, than before, though.

Simon St.Laurent - Associate Editor, O'Reilly and Associates
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML