RE: "Binary XML" proposals

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Al B. Snell wrote:

> > Look at the hierarchical binary format called ASN.1
> > it has a rather direct mapping to/from XML.  There is
> > a group working on that mapping.  Why invent a format
> > when one already exists?
>
> I'm looking into it... either to use it or learn from it :-)

Also, there's more to it than just inventing the format. There are a few
options out there. But where are the implementations? Which parsers will
transparently accept the binary files without the application needing to
worry about the details? Where are the command line tools that convert
to/from XML so we can hand edit and examine the contents of them
easily? Why do very few people know about them, or know about when to use
them instead of text XML?

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell