Re: "Binary XML" proposals

> XML is going to suceed where other file formats have
> failed beacuse it is auditable -- I, a mere human, can
> pull up the code and read it ...

I prefer to think of XML as data, so that when reverse
engineering is required (for interop or recovery of
one's own data from vendor clutches :) it's more like
"read the book" than "figure out this language and
the proprietary environments needed to run it".

Binary formats are bad because they tend towards
being proprietary, and that's the last thing that should
happen to the world's next "intellectual commons".

- Dave