Re: "Binary XML" proposals

Hi,

	Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that while you -may- gain
some benefits from 'binary' XML, they'd really only be in terms of
storage space and/or over-the-wire transmission speed.  As far as
parsing is concerned, you'd still have to parse your binary format
(and, where text is concerned, uncompress it or whatever) before you
could use it to do much of anything.  You'd still have to build
whatever internal structures you used, malloc() space, etc. before you
could do any real processing of the data....

							Brendan
--
Brendan McKenna				Email: brendan.mckenna@taringold.ie
Development Strategist			Phone: +353-61-338177