RE: "Binary XML" proposals

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com> wrote:
> Umm... if this isn't for web app development and
> XML is SGML On The Web, then what other communities
> are we talking about here?

Stream formats for medical devices, when I'm asked.

Stream formats for video for MPEG7 BiM.

Speaking for myself only: Don't care at all about "XML is SGML On The
Web". But there are all these nice XML recs and tools implementing
these. So I get a big, free deal, if using a binary file format, which can be
seen as an alternate external representation of (PSV-) XML Infoset. Of
course some plumbing still required.

Regards,
Peter Jacobi