RE: Another binary XML approach

I do a lot of work with WAP and experience with it has turned me off
binary XML encodings fairly comprehensively. I don't think
WAP demonstrates the advantage of a binary encoding. I think
it demonstrates quite the opposite.

My tests repeatedly show that the difference between response
times of the *same* system serving compact HTML (iMode)
to an iMode client browser versus WML to a WML
browser is negligible.

For my money, iMode got it right. A stripped down HTML with
plain text - pure as the driven snow - flowing from client to server.

regards,
Sean