RE: Comments

In HTML, a common practice is to surround <script> tags containing
Javascript code with comments of the <!-- --> form. This was done to allow
older browsers to not break on unknown <script> tags. For some reason, this
practice seems to have continued with XHTML. Also, there are quite a few
cases where JavaDoc-type constructs have been embedded inside XML comments.

Are these the kinds of comments you're thinking about?

ramin