Massive Cross-Post: The State of XML-RPC, April 2001

Good morning, and apologies in advance for the massive cross-post.

I'm working on a new document describing the state of XML-RPC in April 2001.

It covers: positioning, the quest for killer apps, BigCo's, fluidity, forks, a new mascot, interop and my two priorities for XML-RPC for the immediate future.

http://www.xmlrpc.com/stateApril2001

There has been a lot movement in and around XML-RPC in the last few months, and I'd like it to coalesce into a few goals, remain true to the spirit of the Web, and offer a plan for action for the community in the coming months.

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames are welcome.

"It's even worse than it appears."

Dave