Re: atoms, molecules

> > How would you define 24hours=1day, or 2minutes < 150 seconds in your
> > atom/molecule model?
>
> Ah, if only!  But some days are *not* 24h, but rather 24h0m1s long.

I think that's one of the motivation of Simon. If you have to take leap
second into account, then it would be better if you can create it from
atoms, instead of pushing your requirement into the part 2 spec.

In that way, many different calendar type can be creatable. It's much
simpler and better than creating one monolithic mighty-powerful date
time.

--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@eng.sun.com