Re: Regarding the vote on XML Schema.

I heard the above from a W3C member. But thinking about it, I wonder why
that need not be made public -- we as users I think are somewhat entitled
to get answers to how do the two technologies compare, why are decisions
made as they are. Might be not for all issues, but some important issues
at least should be made public. There should be good reasons why two very
prolific mathematicians and XML practitioners such as James Clark and
Makoto Murata have decided not to adopt fully the solution proposed by XML
Schema. I think everyone is interested in knowing how things are headed,
and what factors are being considered.

Anyway, let us wait and watch as to how the W3C decides on schema
directions. XML schema has lot of features that have been very well
studied, I believe RELAX and TREX also have adopted almost all the good
features of XML Schema, and hope they will continue to do so.

got some work to finish off.

regards - murali.