From: "Michael Rys" <mrys@microsoft.com>
To: "Jurgen" <jurgen.moortgat@oracle.com>; "sabba" <sabbadin@infinito.it>
Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 5:59 PM
Subject: RE: CreateNewInstance" from xml(Schema)

Jurgen, I don't think that this is what Enrico is looking for.

What he wants is a document instance generator that given a schema
generates valid instances for that schema.

The closest thing that I am aware of is the annotated schema mechanism
of SQLServer, where you take a schema, annotate it against the database
tables and then use XPath expressions to get XML out according to the
schema.

Enrico, what I find missing in your description is where the data that
will form the new document instance will come from. If from a database,
the approach above should be what you are looking for, if random of if
you just want a skeleton, you would have to write your own application,
as far as I know.

HTH
Michael