RE: error when parsing an xml-schema with Jaxp and DOM

There's no such thing as a "standard prefix". Make sure you are including proper namespace declarations to associate your prefixes with the appropriate namespaces.

If you are using JAXP 1.1, it should support namespaces fine if they are declared properly. Earlier versions of JAXP do not support namespaces (or at least they don't through the public APIs).
-----Original Message-----
From: I.Eck [mailto:post@inga-eckermann.de]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 12:47 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: error when parsing an xml-schema with Jaxp and DOM

I wanted to check whether my xml-scheam is wellformed and tried to parse it with jaxp with standard parser and DOM.
This error occurs:
Whitespace required before attributes.

Maybe the parser has problems with namespaces? I used the standard prefix (xsd:schema..) and so on for the elements and set the factory and the buildeer to nameSpaceAware.
Or do I need to use another parser, who is namespace-aware, or is it a totally othr error...
Please help!!!!!
Maybe you can recommend me an other parser, which supports xml-schema fully. But therefore I need a snippet of code on how to change the parser
in jaxp. I read that I simply have to change a systemProperty, but I do not have such a system property.

Thanks in advance
Inga