Re: XML to XML Transformation using XSL and XALAN

Thushara,

> Does anyone knows How to validate an XML file against the DTD using JAVA?
> Is there any methods available in XALAN to implement this?

Going out on a limb... no.  I think you need to use Xerces (or something
similar) to validate the file.  If you download Xerces you can take a look
at DOMWriter.java which turns validation on as such:

  parser.setFeature( "http://xml.org/sax/features/validation",
setValidation );

Then if your XML file references the DTD it will validate.  Hopefully
someone will correct me if there is a better way using XALAN.

Good Luck,
Jeff Rafter