[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ANN: 4Suite and 4Suite Server 0.11
- From: Uche Ogbuji <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 14:14:46 -0600
Fourthought, Inc. (http://Fourthought.com) announces the release of
4Suite 0.11 and 4Suite Server 0.11
Open source XML processing tools and an XML data server
4Suite Server News
Basically re-written from ground up. CORBA is no longer required
and is now just another way to access the server (along with HTTP,
SOAP, WebDAV, Python API, etc).
Many usability, documentation, performance and architectural
* Release 0.11.0 (Tag R20010501)
* pDomlette: XInclude implemented directly into parse for efficiency
* pDomlette: better modularized
* cDomlette: memory leaks squashed
* RDF: add command line
* RDF: major serialization and deserialization fixes
* RDF: Work access-control directly into RDF model
* RDF: API tweaks: use user flags for query flexibility
* XSLT: Many speedups
* XSLT: xsl:variable and xsl:param conformance fixes
* ODS: Many bugs fixes in the DbmAdapter
* Lib: Many bugs fixes in the DbmDriver
* Many misc optimizations and bug-fixes
4Suite is a collection of Python tools for XML processing and object
database management. It provides support for XML parsing, several
transient and persistent DOM implementations, XPath expressions,
XPointer, XSLT transforms, XLink, RDF and ODMG object databases.
4Suite Server is a platform for XML processing. It features an XML data
repository, metadata management, a rules-based engine, XSLT transforms,
XPath and RDF-based indexing and query, XLink resolution and many other
XML services. It also provides transactions and access control features.
Along with basic console and command-line management, it supports remote,
cross-platform and cross-language access through CORBA, WebDAV,
HTTP and other request protocols.
4Suite Server is not meant to be a full-blown application server. It
provides highly-specialized services for XML processing that can be used
with other application servers.
All the software is open-source and free to download. Priority support
and customization is available from Fourthought, Inc. For more
information on this, see the http://FourThought.com, or contact
Fourthought at email@example.com or +1 303 583 9900
More info and Obtaining 4Suite and 4Suite Server
From where you can download source, Windows and Linux binaries.
4Suite is distributed under a license similar to that of the
Apache Web Server.