Re: XML as parameter

[venugopal gopinathan]

> I am sending XML string to a component just to reduce
> the number of parameters. I need to validate for the
> various input parameters from the xml string. Any way
> to do this without using DTD or Schema since it needs
> a file access.

 It sounds like you may mean something different from the xml meaning of
validation.  Do you really mean that you need to make sure that the values
of the parameters are OK?  Otherwise, it's better to find a way to make sure
that the string is correctly structured when you generate it, rather than
check it when you consume it.

Cheers,

Tom P