Re: using namespaces to version

/ Warren Hedley <w.hedley@auckland.ac.nz> was heard to say:
| To be more specific, the topmost level that I can see me
| being able to specify the language and version for an
| XML document is the DOCTYPE declaration. Is this a good
| solution?

The doctype declaration is one traditional place to put version
information (for example, in the public identifier). Since the
doctype declaration points explicitly to the schema, that works OK.

Unfortunately, the schemaLocation attribute in W3C XML Schema is only
a hint, so that's not a practical solution anymore.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Great men too make mistakes, and many