RE: First Order Logic and Semantic Web RE: NPR, Godel, Semantic W eb

I hear about ten years from reasonable thinkers.  You will
note that most B2B initiatives don't do a lot of hierarchical
decision processing and many web apps are catalog order systems
if they deal with a generalized public.  Fat clients and
persistent stateful connections have a healthy future.

Meanwhile, the discovery phase continues and we will build
useful toys.  As I said, the 3D avatar based interfaces are
hot and getting hotter.  A talking head is more fun than a
city map, it can display concern, and unlike integrating
video, is amenable to transforms.  Cheaper to author and a
decent IVR system if done well.  It lets us explore multi-modal
communications, use of human traits, transformability based
on cultural tropes, and so on.  This part actually won't take
very long at all.   I sort of hope it won't settle into a
non-optimized minimum solution like HTML did to markup until
we took the annealing cauldron to it, but it probably will
because with HLALs for it, building the models takes skill.
Once you have one, the HLALs take away the complexity and it
becomes basic newsroom work without the headaches of anchors.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h