Re: Free or open source graphical DTD viewers?

> Does anybody know if any free or open source viewers that graphically show
the structure of a
>DTD?  Something like XML Authority, XML Spy, or Near and Far do, but
without the price tag.

Earl Hood's perlSGML tools (which work fine with XML) have a utility that
outputs a "graphical" tree of DTD structure using keyboard characters. Also
included is his DTDDIFF program, which does a diff of two different DTDs,
inspiring many to say "where have you been all of my life." These require
perl to run but require no knowledge of perl.

See http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/perlSGML.html for the perlSGML page
and http://www.snee.com/bob/sgmlfree for information on a book about free
SGML software (including perlSGML) that I wrote several years ago.

Bob DuCharme            www.snee.com/bob             <bob@
snee.com>      see http://www.snee.com/bob/xsltquickly for
info on upcoming "XSLT Quickly" from Manning Publications.