Format

Forgive the simplicity of the question and any awkward language-I am just 6 days into my XML adventure. I am creating a tool which will allow "writers" to utilize an online form wherein the fields adhere to our learning application templates. These forms will be generated as XML files.  I would like the "writer" to be able to declare certain words bold, italic, underlined, etc. Bold would then be outputted as an element, ie <BOLD>.

How can I then take this element and dynamically transfer this to my XSLT thus resulting in a correctly formatted html file?

See example of an outputted XML file-

<question>

<bold>
    <one>What is the answer?</one>
    <two>Where can I find it?</two>
</bold>

<bold>Read the following question above and answer it below.</bold>

<responders>
    <responder1>The answer is <bold>not</bold> what you have indicated.
    <responder2>Correct.</responder2>
</responders>

</question>

The bold element will be in multiple places in several levels. How can I apply a style to all of these elements in my XSLT template? I do not want to go in manually and apply span classes to each "formatting element". I would like to set some sort of syntax that would declare this for all "formatting elements".

Secondly, can you embed elements such as in <responder1>?

Thanks and for your patience as well-
jennifer

NogginLabs, Inc. <> Think . Experience . Perform

1800 W. Larchmont, Suite 3E1 <> Chicago, IL 60613

Tel 773 830 0050 <> Direct 773 830 0054 <> Fax 773 830 0055

http://www.nogginlabs.com