Stripping spaces with XSL

Hi,

I want to strip all spaces (ie each sequence of spaces get into a single
space and trailing spaces are removed). I'm using the xsl:ouput element to
tell that I want to use the "text" output method. And I use the
xsl:strip-space element to tell on which element space should be stripped.

Despite this I still get uncessary spaces in the output. Both with xalan
(java version) and xsltproc (aka libxslt from Daniel Veillard used by Gnome).

What did I miss ?

Cheers,

PS: Xalan-java is version 2.0.1. xsltproc is 0.9.0.
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguez sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com