Re: avoiding XML code in viewsource

Mr. Venugopal Siripuram:

The surest way to avoid showing your XML source code is to convert it to
HTML (or XHMTL?) before your browser gets it.

There may be a setting somewhere in the browser to switch between showing
source before conversion and showing it after.

When I started a project a couple of months ago, using only XSLT, IE would
always show me the XML source. Even after I started using DOM (calling
Microsoft's library from Delphi) to pre-filter the output, I think I recall
using IE's view source to look at the program output. Sometime later, I went
to view source in IE and got the converted HTML source, instead. I don't
know why, although I am sure I will eventually find out. (Maybe someone on
the list knows?) Fortunately, I was able to use a different path to do the
debugging.

Anyway, if you need security, I would suggest that you should not rely on
some (non-standard?) XSLT switch to turn off the show-source function. Use
DOM or something else to at least filter out the sensitive stuff before you
hand it off to the browser.

(Other opinions?)

Joel Rees

============================XML as Best Solution===
Joel Rees                          リース ジョエル
Media Fusion Co.,Ltd.  株式会社メディアフュージョン
Amagasaki  TEL 81-6-6415-2560    FAX 81-6-6415-2556
    Tokyo TEL 81-3-3516-2566   FAX 81-3-3516-2567
                       http://www.mediafusion.co.jp
                                         Programmer