RE: DTD's

This is my 2 cents worth of thought --
we need schemas (like DTDs)for document just like we need schema for
databases -- when the data is large, it becomes difficult for humans to
understand the data without the associated interpretation. Two uses of
interpretation besides the above is that humans query based on the
interpretation, optimizers can very well use this interpretation.

There could be scenarios when the data is small that no interpretation is
needed for humans to understand the data.

regards - murali.