RE: Attributes v Elements (adjectives vs. nouns)

5/18/01 10:52:19 AM, Adam Van Den Hoven <Adam.Hoven@bluezone.net> wrote:

>> I guess I need to go back to grammar school.
>
>Try a latin class... I learned more English grammar in 1 semester of
>introductory latin than I had in 12 years of grade school.

Actually, any second language will work.  My understanding of the mechanics of English grammar vastly
increased when I took French starting in seventh grade.  I think it's because we internalize so many
of the details of our first language that we take them for granted and can't see the trees for the
forest; learning a new language forces us to pay close attention to the details.