Re: Namespace: what's the correct usage?

> I wouldn't 'complicate it with different namespaces for each element in the
> structure'. I would qualify the top-level element ( person ) and not qualify
> the children.

but that means that the children and the top level element are
potentially in different namespaces. One is in the namespace bound to
the prefix, the children are in the default namespace.

It may be that you have xmlns="xxx" and xmlns:prefix="xxx" so these are
the same namespace, but in that case it would seem clearer to either
prefix all of them or none.

You could add the neamespace declarations automatically in a DTD or
schema but the namespace REC explicitly warns against doing that
as it means that the namespace of the elements depends on the processor
finding and reading the DTD.

David

information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp