RE: Namespace: what's the correct usage?

Martin Gudgin wrote:

> [...]

but that means there are (at least potentially) _two_ namespaces for the
structure, one for the qualified top level element and another for the
unprefixed children.

> package example.org.person;
>
> public class person
> {
>     String given;
>     String family;
> }
>
> to me at least...

The difference is that in XML elements are first class entities, that is the
"given" element is not declared within the scope of the "person" class.

-Jonathan