Re: Namespace: what's the correct usage?

Christian Nentwich wrote:

> Until I, innocently, change the semantics on my end.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what this means. The semantics of interest to me
(and admittedly, perhaps to me alone) are those which I elaborate through
processing. That processing may operate upon a document, or some portion of a
document which you provide me. But my use for that document might be as no more
than an event notification--i.e., I (or, more correctly, my processing) ignore
its 'content', and certainly it's 'intent', and through knowledge private to my
process may fetch other data to use in lieu of what you 'intended' to convey to
me.

If you change the *syntax*, I might find myself unable to do anything with what
arrives, but how do you propose to change the semantics, which are the product
of, and perhaps private to, my processing?

Respectfully,

Walter Perry