RE: Types and Context

> Exactly. And if you stop to think about this, XML Schema "datatypes"  are
> hardly going to revolutionize XSLT/XPath 2.0.

Agreed. Again, from *my* perspective, it's all about interpretation.
You can flip an XSLT stylesheet and say that it is testing conformance
to a set of assertions (schematron!), or in other words, it tests for,
and interprets, a type.

Seems obvious to me... an XSL stylesheet is a funky way of defining
a type-specific interpreter.